With all the hype of recent Blizzard Juno, I thought I’d share one of my favorite winter inspired craft. These adorable “snowy toes” snowmen can be turned into a greeting card, like I’ve done, or just made into cute keepsakes to remember how tiny those little feet once were! Have fun, get creative with it and be sure to share your finished projects with us!
- Construction paper
- White paint
- Paint brush
- Black and orange sharpies
- And most important….Little toes!
*With help from an adult.
Why we love it: Painting the bottoms of feet in this craft is a great sensory activity for little ones! Not only is exploring new senses fun, it also helps with brain development. For more info on the importance of sensory play, visit http://familychildcareacademy.com/sensory-development/
- Apply white paint to bottoms of feet and make desired number of footprints onto a piece of colored construction paper.
- Once dry, cut out the snowman, creating 3 humps on each side and leaving a slight trim.
- Cut out stick arms and a top hat from construction paper, then attach with glue/scotch tape.
- Draw on face and buttons.
- To make a card, glue onto a folded piece of construction paper.
2 thoughts on “Little Snowy Toes”
I’m doing this tonight. Thanks for the great idea!
They are very stubby snowmen if you forget the toes go on the bottom ; )